Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baptized by a Pigeon

Hello friends,
I got pooed on by pigeon last night. Luckily I was with a friend who was kind enough to use a napkin to get the poo out of my hair.
It's been really hot in Rome for the last few days. Today it's raining, so it cooled down a little bit. The heat during the day is ok because at night it is absolutely the perfectest temperature ever. I had some vino and pizza with one of the other interns on Tuesday night as a birthday celebration. Last night me and the other intern from Vandy went and had a beer and a stroll. It's so pretty outside.
I'm headed to Milan on Friday afternoon. Then, I have Monday through Thursday off because there's a "high level conference" in the building and non-essential personnel have been instructed not to come to work. No problem. So, Monday I'm heading to the Cinque Terre to sit on the cliffs and look at the ocean for a few days.
No complaints from me thus far. I'm feeling more comfortable here this week--both with being in Rome and with the research I've been doing at work. I've been using public transportation a lot, which makes me feel good. I like knowing how to get places on the bus.
Hugs,
Lauren

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

ack - you've left for Cinque Terre already and I never looked up where our hostel was! i'm sure you've

Phil remembers that it was in riomaggiore. we went to a lovely restaurant there, up on one of the high roads. it had a big sun on the sign. there were maybe 4 tables and everything was delicious. and not too crazy expensive.

oooooooooh i am jealous of the hiking and eating and relaxing you will do there... have a great trip!

8:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home