Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update

Hello friends,
I went to Venice last weekend and had a nice time with my friends who are there for a few weeks this summer. We went to the Doge's palace, St. Mark's Cathedral, wandered the streets and had a lovely time. Culinary highlight: Squid in its own ink. It was surprisingly delicious. Not chewy at all.
This weekend I'm off to meet Peter in Genoa--birthplace of Christopher Colombus. After this weekend I'm staying put in Rome for my last 3 weeks here. Time sure flies! I can't believe how fast this has gone.
I got a new pose at yoga 2 nights ago--Bhujapidasana. I'm finding it difficult. And, I'm finding that I'm really exhausted after practice--more than usual. I think new poses take not only extra physical exertion, but extra/new emotional exertion as well and that can be very draining.
I slept the sleep of the dead last night as a result. I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in with one arm completely numb.
Work is good, but my project is progressing slowly.
More updates soon. Sorry this one is so short!
Hugs,
Lauren

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps i'm the only one reading?

congrats on receiving a new pose to explore.

enjoy...
margie

10:49 AM

 
Blogger momo said...

ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

squiddddd innnnnkkkkk!!!!!

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home