Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Roman Holiday

Hello friends,
It's heating up in Rome and the Romans are getting out of town. It sounds like pretty much everybody goes on vacation for the month of August and the city is full of tourists and no locals. I can tell people are already starting to leave. The buses are getting less crowded and the FAO cafeteria is clearing out.
I'm glad I got a place with AC. One of the other interns is forced to wander the streets till it cools down to the point where he can go home to an apartment that isn't a million degrees inside.
A perk of the heat: All along the river, near my house, they set up outdoor restaurants, bars and shops that only open after the sun goes down. They appear to be open pretty much all night. I went out with some of the interns last Saturday and when I left at 2 there were still masses of people out and with no sign of letting up.
I sort of finished this paper I was working on. I couldn't find information on the second part of what I was writing about. And my boss took off for a week without telling me in advance, so I'm left without much feedback. I wanted to create something that would be useful to the organization in some way--not sure if I accomplished that.
I have one more weekend in Rome, then I'm off to Geneva/Paris for a week and then I head home. I'm excited to go to Minneapolis! I haven't been since December and I miss all my people there.
I hope everyone is well!
Hugs,
Lauren

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this mpls peep very much looks forward to your arrival!

enjoy the rest of your trip!

stay cool and travel safely...ciao!
margie

5:35 PM

 
Blogger k-k-k-katie said...

I miss you too, miss. Italian late night restaurants sound dreamy, but I'd say you need a backyard brat before you call it a summer :)

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home